Prohibited Uses of ‘Mach 5 Cars LLC.’ Rentals:
The List Below Identifies prohibited uses of Mach 5 Cars.
- All renters and drivers must hold a legal license to drive Mach 5 Cars. If you’re under the legal driving age or your Driver’s License has been suspended or restricted, you are not allowed to drive our vehicles.
- All renters and drivers must be 25 years of age or older.
- Our cars shall not be used for any illegal purpose or in connection with any illegal activity.
- Our cars shall not be used to carry persons or property for hire.
- Our cars shall not be used to push or tow anything.
- Anyone driving our vehicles must obey all traffic laws and posted highway signs. Speeding in excess of any posted speed limit is prohibited.
- Our vehicles are prohibited from speed test, speed contest, race, rally, speed endurance contest, and other auto demonstrations.
- Renters are prohibited from driving our vehicles on or near any racetrack or road course (we’re serious about this — no insurance company on earth will cover the car while on the track, and that means we’re both on the hook for a LOT of money. Do not take our vehicles to racetracks.)
- Using our vehicles to teach anyone to drive is prohibited.
- Driving our vehicles on unpaved surfaces, gravel, and dirt roads is prohibited.
- All drivers and passengers must wear a seat belt â€“ regardless of the state our vehicle is in.
- Smoking tobacco, cigarettes, cigars, and pipes in our vehicles is prohibited. Matches and lighters are not allowed in our vehicles.
- Using a cell phone, texting, and talking on the phone while driving our vehicles is prohibited. Drivers are prohibited from surfing the web (using the internet) and using personal digital devices while driving our car.
- Eating food in our cars is prohibited. Drivers and passengers are not allowed to eat food in our cars.
- Our vehicles are not authorized to leave the boarders of the United States without written permission from Mach 5 Cars.
- Our vehicles require 93 octane gas. Renters are prohibited from using lower grade fuels in our cars. Fuels rated less than 93 octane are not allowed in our cars. Renters will be charged $1,000 for violating this policy and using lower grade fuels.
- Renters are not authorized to ever disengage traction / stability control on our vehicles. Porsche refers to this as Porsche Stability Management (PSM). Porsche’s PSM shall not be turned off. Audi refers to this as ESP (Electronic Stabilization Program). Audi’s ESP shall not be turned off. Ferrari refers to this as Manettino Control. The only authorized Manettino Control modes in Ferrari are Ice, Damp, Sport. Lamborghini refers to this as ESP (Electronic Stabilization Program). Lamborghini’s ESP shall not be turned off.
In the event a renter violates any of these Prohibited Uses, Mach 5 Cars reserves the right to end your rental contract and retrieve the vehicle short of the full rental contract term. Mach 5 Cars also reserves the right, when and where appropriate, to retain part or all of the damage deposit to repair car damage, recoup fees and/or other expenses, and to compensate lost rental time when our car are not able to be rented due to the actions of the renter.
Traffic Tickets and other Vehicle Citations
The renter is responsible for all parking, traffic, speeding and other tickets or violations issued while the vehicle is being rented. We will not pay for parking, traffic, speeding or other tickets renters receive while driving our cars. Renters must pay for any tickets, fees, penalties, towing charges, or impound costs.
Our daily and weekend rentals include 100 miles per day. Weekly rentals include 800 miles per week unless stated otherwise. Each additional mile driven will be subject to a charge at the stated mileage rate. The over-mileage rate varies depending on the nature of the vehicle rented.
VISA, Mastercard, American Express and Discover are the preferred method of payment for rental fees and damage deposits. In certain cases, cashier’s checks or cash may be accepted if pre-arranged. Personal & business checks are not accepted.
All renters must carry an insurance policy on a personal vehicle that you own or lease. The renter’s insurance policy must have rental car coverage, this is typically fairly cheap. Renters must demonstrate proof of their insurance coverage; we will verify with your insurer that your policy is active. It does not matter what you drive personally – as long as you have insurance in good standing, your carrier will cover damages to our cars (think of it as if you were driving down the road and caused an accident with a guy in a Ferrari — your insurance will cover the damages even if you’re driving a VW).
Additional drivers are permitted, as long as they meet the same requirements as the primary renter. For example, the additional drivers must have a valid driver’s license, be 25 years of age or older, and have rental car coverage on their personal automobile insurance policy. There is no charge for additional drivers.
All renters must leave a damage deposit in the form of a credit card authorization or refundable cashier’s check. The amount of this deposit will vary depending on the vehicle being rented. Any damage found on or inside of the vehicle upon its return will be billed against the damage deposit. Vehicles will be inspected prior to renting to validate their operating condition and physical appearance. Vehicles will be re-inspected to identify and assess damages when the renter returns the vehicle. Renters will be refunded their damage deposit when our vehicles are returned without damage.
We do not offer refunds for vehicle rentals or gift certificates. However, our goal is total satisfaction for our renters, so in certain situations we may offer credit for additional rental days (i.e. really miserable weather or other unforeseen events). All refunds are given solely at the discretion of Mach 5 Cars. In the event of an unforeseen mechanical failure during or prior to a rental, we will make every effort to repair or replace your vehicle with a similar or better model at no additional cost to you. In certain circumstance where Mach 5 Cars cannot find a equitable exchange vehicle, renters will be reimbursed an equivalent dollar value to the percentage of the rental period not utilized.
Rental Return Policy
We provide a 30 minute late return grace period on all of our rentals. The grace period starts at the time the rental contract expires. During the grace period, no late charges will be assessed to the renter.
We will deliver cars to customers for a fee of $1.50 per mile each way.
The standard rental period is 24 hour for a 1 day rental and 7 days for a 1 week rental. Rental rates are based on these rental periods. Mach 5 Car rental rates on all cars may vary depending on the season and corporate promotions.
Rental Fuel & Tolls
Our cars are not equipped with the EZ Pass. Renters are required to pay all toll fees. Citations resulting from renters not paying toll road fees will be forwarded to the renter. We provide a full tank of gas on all of our rentals. Fuels rated less than 93 octane are not allowed in our cars. Renters will be charged $1,000 for violating this policy and using lower grade fuels.
Renters are not authorized to ever disengage traction / stability control on our vehicles. Porsche refers to this as Porsche Stability Management (PSM). Porsche’s PSM shall not be turned off. Audi refers to this as ESP (Electronic Stabilization Program). Audi’s ESP shall not be turned off. Ferrari refers to this as Manettino Control. The only authorized Manettino Control modes in Ferrari are Ice, Damp, Sport. Lamborghini refers to this as ESP (Electronic Stabilization Program). Lamborghini’s ESP shall not be turned off.
Reservations and Cancellations
Cancellation fees may be waived at Mach 5 Cars discretion. There is a $100.00 cancellation fee if the reservation is cancelled within 10 days of the rental period. A 50% charge of the total rental price will apply if you cancel within 5 days of the rental period. A 100% charge of the total rental price will apply if you cancel with 72 hours of the rental period or if you do not show up for the rental.
Mach 5 Cars, LLC, in order to confirm identity and suitability for the rental of one of their vehicles, may conduct or perform verifications including, but not limited to Motor Vehicle License check, address verification, automobile insurance verification, employment verification, criminal check and credit worthiness.